- Focus on the target-rich lower middle market where the team has deep investment, operational and management experience
- Seek to partner with founders, families, and management teams to build businesses of enduring value
- Target companies in the consumer, industrial, and business services sectors with $10-35 million of EBITDA
Nonantum Capital Partners (NCP) Overview
NCP is a middle-market private equity firm led by a group of experienced private equity and management executives, formed as a spin-out from Charlesbank Capital Partners
Focus on complex situations where personal partnership is critical and opportunities exist for significant equity value creation
- Comfortable underwriting complexity (corporate carve-outs, management succession planning, out-of-favor industries)
- Experience partnering with management teams to transform businesses
- Concentrated approach (6-8 investments) enables us to spend more time with each company to unlock growth opportunities
$385 million Fund I closed in April 2018
- Successfully raised from start to finish in three months, reaching our “hard cap”
- LPs focused on our experienced team, consistent strategy, and proven long-term track record
- The founding partners are making a substantial capital commitment to Fund I (~$30 million)
The word “Nonantum” comes from the Native American Algonquin word for “Blessing”
- Highly-experienced team with complementary skill sets and backgrounds. The team’s experience includes:
- Investment experience in middle market at Charlesbank
- Operational support in PE-backed companies at Bain Capital
- Board-level involvement from proven public company CEOs
- The team will continue to focus in the consumer, industrial and business services sectors on complex situations where personal partnership is critical and opportunities exist for significant equity value creation.
- Our team has significant experience running companies and working alongside management teams to build scalable businesses and drive profitable growth.
- The lower middle market is underserved by experienced private equity firms. NCP is committed to this space. NCP’s targeted approach aligns a uniquely seasoned team against this target-rich segment of the market.
- The founding partners have a strong track record of creating value for investors that spans decades at Charlesbank, Bain Capital, and a variety of public and PE-backed companies, and have made a substantial capital commitment in Fund I.
NCP was created as a spin-out from Charlesbank with its encouragement and support, and investment by senior Charlesbank employees in the Fund.
Nonantum is a village in Newton, MA where our managing partner was raised
For our team, this name is symbolic of:
- Our spin-out from Charlesbank – Driving from Newton to Cambridge, Charlesbank Road turns into Nonantum Road along the Charles River
- Returning to our roots – Just as our managing partner’s roots trace back to Nonantum, we view this as an opportunity to return to our roots as investors, focusing on the lower middle market, and on family / founder businesses and corporate carve-outs for which we have a passion